Saturday, April 25, 2009

This One's On Me!

I just had to blog about this. It totally made my day...
Last week, after spending the day at the aquarium and having dinner with just my husband, we were headed back to my sisters house to pick up the kids. We were stopped at a light next to a small convience store. As we were sitting there, and realizing we still had a little bit of a drive home after picking up the kids, we decided to stop and grab a drink to share. Steve pulled up and I hopped out and ran in to get the drink. When I got in, the lone worker was cleaning up and around the pop dispenser, so I mentioned that I felt bad that I was going to make him stop working and ruin his cleanup job. He said he didn't mind and we exchange a few other "pleasantires." Okay, I really don't remember what I said and I really don't think I flirted with him. Hello, I'm married! And I've never been much of a flirt. So, what happened next took me by surprise. After grabbing the lid and straw for my drink. I told the clerk that I had what I needed and was ready to pay.
He then asked me if I really had all that I wanted. I said, "Yes."
He said, "Okay, bye!"
I said, "How much do I owe?"
He said, "Nothing."
I said, "No, really, how much do I owe?"
And again he said, "Nothing. It's on me! Have a good evening and don't argue with me."
I stood there a little shocked still. Did this man just by me a drink? I know I mentioned that my husband was out in the car. I didn't want to argue with him, but I was just so shocked!
Okay, he was probably just being nice and didn't want to be bothered with "ringing up" for a little drink, but I would like to think that maybe he was trying to flirt with me or something. Do I still have that in me? Not that I'm looking or anything. I am happily married! It was just kind of weird and a little exhilirating. I haven't had that kind of experience for a while (about a year after I got married, I was trying to help some friends flirt with some guys, you know encouraging them on, my friends, not the guys, and one of the guys started to flirt with me. Oops! I quickly, and non-challantely, showed him my ring. It was funny!)

No comments: