Thursday, June 18, 2009

My New Favorite Show

Have you ever watched a show and thought to yourself, "That was really fun. No fighting. No drama. I feel 'uplifted'?" I have! A few years ago when we were in the process of moving from Arizona to Utah. I discovered the first of a few great shows like that. Steve had already made the move to Utah, and I was left in Arizona with my baby (although he's no longer a baby) to try and get the house sold for 2 months. At night, after I put the baby to bed, sometimes I would let my mind wander and I would start to think about horrible, scary things, all because I didn't really have anybody to talk with. Then, I discovered a show on TV, "Little People, Big World." I was hooked. I would work on projects and watch that show in the evenings. I loved that I didn't have to think too deeply, it was fun and light, and an all around good show. I still watch that on occassion. Last summer, I started watching "Jon and Kate Plau 8", and, although there's a lot of controvery surrounding that show right now, I still watch it occasionally. Now, I have a new favorite show, thanks once again to the people of TLC. The show..."The Little Couple." As noted by the name, it's about 2 smaller people (Jen is barely over 3 feet tall and her husband, Bill, is 4 feet tall). Jen is a doctor and Bill is a businessman. They are the cutest couple and I love watching them go through what most of us go through each day. It comes on TLC on Tuesday nights (or you can catch reruns throughout the day). I've now found myself getting excited to check my DVR recordings to see if there's a new episcode that I haven't seen yet (okay, the series just started not too long ago and I've only seen 2 episodes so far). You've got to check it out sometime. What a joy!

No comments: